Friday, February 15, 2013

YouTube

The first time I was exposed to YouTube, I was in middle school, and I hated it! When I was with my friends, we spent way too many hours watching stupid, (supposedly) funny YouTube videos that I just wasn't a fan of. It has only been in the last year that I have started using YouTube for entertainment. I follow two channels, and those are about all I watch on the site. The first one I started following is Jenna Marbles, and just recently I started following Crash Course. Jenna Marbles in an internet vloger who posts funny videos every Wednesday. It's not very intelligent entertainment, but I feel like she just gets what it is to be a college girl haha. All of my girlfriends watch her, and we often quote her videos to each other. Crash Course is a channel produced by John Green, one of my favorite authors. He is very active in social media, especially Twitter and YouTube, and after gaining huge popularity through a weekly YouTube vlog with his brother, they decided to start the channel Crash Course. The videos are just short lessons on different academic topics (World History, Chemistry, US Literature). I've only been watching the literature ones, but they are nice refreshers on some of my favorite books. Other than those two channels, that's it for me. I don't waste too much of my time on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check out the Crash Course channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have some great clips that I would use in a middle/high school classroom. The Emily Dickinson poetry video helped my high school brother understand a poem he was trying to analyze.

    ReplyDelete